Eliminate barriers and connect with you and what drives you, so you can be better every day
We make reliable period products to fit your ever-changing needs and lifestyle, so you can focus on what matters most to you. And while we’re good at what we do, we’re always looking for ways we can improve. Because we never stop moving either.
50 Years of Playtex® Tampons
Playtex® has a long history of making bold moves. We’ve helped push the period care category forward by introducing several new types of tampons over the years, focused on comfort and protection.
- 1932The Playtex® manufacturing plant was built in Rochester, NY and later moved to Dover, Delaware, U.S.A.
- 1950s-60s Playtex® built its name developing several products including girdles, bathing caps, latex gloves, bras, bottles and more
- 1962 Playtex® introduced the first plastic applicator tampon as a more comfortable alternative than cardboard applicator tampons
- 1970s Playtex® introduced Gentle Glide® tampons, featuring a smooth plastic, tapered tip applicator focused on comfortable placement
- 1980s Playtex® lists basic ingredients on tampon boxes
- 2006 Introduced Playtex® Sport® tampons for active lifestyles
- 2022 Introduced Playtex Clean Comfort™ tampons, made with 40% less plastic (vs. Playtex® Sport® Regular Absorbency)